How to prevent the leather belt from cracking? – is a common question from fashion-loving people. It’s better to know the answer before any crack appears on your belt. What does cracking lead to? How does belt cracking end up?
Well, a cracking belt can cause you to be caught with your pants down. However, no one actually wants to face such kind of untoward or embarrassing situation.
Though a belt replenishes your attire, you must be careful about this item. However, we are going to discuss some ways by which you can fix a cracked belt.
Reasons Accountable For Leather Belt Cracking
There is nothing in the world immortal, so does leather. But, there are some issues that affect the longevity of a leather belt. Lack of moisture or dryness is the stable enemy of leather. Exposure to sunlight is another reason similar to dryness for leaving leather belts a crack. Once a belt is cracked, it becomes permanent. However, you can invigorate a leather belt using different types of oils and conditioners.
For your easiness, we are recommending you some good-in-quality conditioners and oils that you can try–
Lexol Leather Conditioner
Ariat Unisex Mink Oil Paste
We have four tips for you by applying which you can fix your cracked-up belt.
- Clean your leather belt using a soap or cleaner.
- Apply conditioner on the cracks
- Smooth out the cracked areas with additional conditioner
- Let the leather belt dry
Clean Your Leather Belt Using A Soap Or Cleaner
For cleaning your belt, you need to have soap or any other cleaner, a rag, and a soft-bristled brush. Before applying a cleaner, it’s essential to clean the belt. This cleaning removes all dirt from the belt and makes it a bit softer and flexible.
You can visit how to clean a leather belt to learn more.
Apply Conditioner On The Cracks
Do you have any conditioner? If you don’t have one, check the aforementioned conditioners and get one. Applying conditioner hydrates the cracks, and it is its specialty. For so, you need to have a good-in-quality conditioner. After applying the conditioner, wipe off the remaining product and let the belt dry.
Smooth Out The Cracked Areas With Additional Conditioner
You have to scrub the conditioner over the cracks and the areas around them. Why will you do this? Because it will provide your leather belt with a consistent color along with hiding the cracks. If the cracks remain visible even after applying once, keep applying the conditioner for multiple days until those cracks become invisible and your leather belt becomes vibrant.
Let The Leather Belt Dry
Conditioning your belt will end up in smoke if you don’t let your belt dry. But, that drying will take much time because leather usually takes a long time to absorb all the conditioner. But, we hope it won’t take more than a whole night.
Some Cautionary Steps For Preventing Your Belt From Cracking
- A high percentage of people curl their belt up and then keep it in a wardrobe. Do you know what happens because of this? Curling up a belt produces creases leaving the belt some cracks. That’s why; you should use a hanger to keep your belt hanging.
- Secondly, try to condition your belt on a weekly interval. Natural oil and conditioner both are highly preferred in this case. It will keep your belt free from moisture and make it soft and shiny.
- Keep your belt away from sunlight and wash it at times, using liquid soap and a soft-bristled brush.
- Try to use at least two belts because it takes away the burden from one.